I love the photo above. It's from a California vacation that Michael and I took where we drove along the incredible Pacific Coast Highway. It felt like we had all the time in the world on that vacation.
But now, as a working mom, the thing I struggle with most is finding time. Finding time to do the things I need to do and the things I want to do. It's even harder when my multitasking skills are limited because, you know, I can't vacuum the house while Ryan is running around. So I work in things around each of our schedules and make sacrifices as we go. More often then not, it's the house that gets the short end of the stick—and then sometimes my sleep too.
It's so overwhelming for me when I think about spending my time in one hour segments, with 24 segments a day. Here's (approximately) how the spending breakdown goes: 8 hrs=work, 8 hrs=sleep, 2 hrs=commute... Work and sleep added together and I'm already up to 18 hrs, that means 75% of my time is spent doing things that I have to do. That leaves me with 25% left, a mere six hours a day to take care of meals, maintain a clean home, spend time with family and friends, and try to relax.
Sometimes I daydream about what I could change to balance out this equation a bit more.